Our team members have been chosen for their unique specialties and reputation for having high standards of care, strong therapeutic relationships, and positive outcomes with clients.
Approaches to Therapy: Skybridge Counseling uses evidence-based approaches to therapy that are grounded in theory and research to have positive outcomes.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – explore how thoughts and feelings impact behaviors for individuals. Develop an understanding of critical core beliefs and practice skills to develop healthier thought processes, self-esteem, and confidence. Additional tools may include mindfulness techniques, biofeedback, narrative techniques, art therapy, and transactional analysis (communication in relationships).
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy + for kids/teens- Kids and teens learn important skills related to relaxation, mindfulness, healthy thought development, impulse control, and mood regulation skills.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a psychotherapy treatment designed to alleviate the distress associated with traumatic memories. EMDR therapy facilitates the accessing and processing of traumatic memories and other adverse life experience to bring these to an adaptive resolution. After successful treatment with EMDR therapy, affective distress is relieved, negative beliefs are reformulated, and physiological arousal is reduced.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)- Dialectical behavioral therapy is a type of cognitive behavioral therapy. Cognitive behavioral therapy tries to identify and change negative thinking patterns and pushes for positive behavioral changes. This approach is often helpful for people who continually struggle with healthy relationships, boundaries, motivation, feeling comfortable in the world around them, and vulnerabilities. DBT may be used to treat suicidal and other self-destructive behaviors.
- Trauma-Focused CBT- Have you experienced significant and/or repeated trauma in your life? This track focuses on the development, and processing of a trauma narrative after education, mindfulness, and skills development in therapy.
- Gottman techniques for couples counseling- research from over 3,000 couples, from over 40 years of research, shows this method to be effective in improving couple’s relationships. Understand with thorough assessment the strengths and challenges in your relationship. Develop the roadmap for improving your relationship. This isn’t merely conflict resolution, but the development of relationship skills that are proven staples in successful relationships.
This agency follows the ACA Code of Ethics- a foundational source of ethical direction to promote wellness and quality client care.
ACA Code of Ethics Guidelines: https://www.counseling.org/resources/aca-code-of-ethics.pdf